Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yerushalayim



Underneath the trees I see the leaves fall
Scattered by the wind to clothe the ground
Like we have been sent from our home Tziyon
To cover the earth with our sound
And I wait and I wait to return

Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And I wait like a kallah waits for her chassan
Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And my heart remembers Yerushalayim

All my life I've lived in a lonely country
Dreaming of the day I'd be with you
I am like a child looking in and hoping
That you please open up your gates and let me in

Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And I wait like a kallah waits for her chassan
Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And my heart remembers Yerushalayim

As I close my eyes and listen quietly
To the voice that speaks inside of me
I hear crying
Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And I wait like a kallah waits for her chassan

Underneath the trees I see the leaves fall
Scattered by the wind to clothe the ground
And I know there is a time to gather
Those of us who need to be taken home

Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And I wait like a kallah waits for her chassan
Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim
And my heart will always remember - Yerushalayim

-written by Dana Mase, from the cd "Diary"

--------------------------------

By settling in the land of Yisrael, a person gains insight into G-d's providence over the world. - Rebbe Nachman

1 comments:

priestravan said...

As you may know the messiah has returned and will be holding a press conference in Jerusalem on April 12 2012 this has been mostly published in the United States look at all the information and evidence at HTTP://WWW.lordrayel.org let us know your questions and proticipation before April 9th you may post this event now. Send inquiries questions and participation to media-inquiries@Ra-el.org with blog interview in the subject lines.